Dr. Amy Hostetter treats a variety of issues including, but not limited to:
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar)
- Anxiety Disorders (Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Social Anxiety, Phobias)
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Women’s Health Issues (Pre-conception evaluation and consultation, Pregnancy evaluation and treatment, Postpartum illness prevention and treatment, Pregnancy loss, Fertility, Menopause)
- Healthy Lifestyle Issues – optimizing nutrition, fitness, wellbeing and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Interpersonal Relationship Issues
Structure of sessions
- Initial Comprehensive Evaluation - 75 minutes
- The integrative psychiatric assessment is an opportunity to have a comprehensive evaluation of the psychiatric, medical and holistic aspects of your health. Assessments include a complete psychiatric interview, review of your outside medical records and labs, review of medications and supplements, lab work-up (billed to insurance), and analysis of labs. Patient education regarding the various treatment options will be discussed so patients can make well-informed decisions regarding their treatment. A personalized treatment plan for optimal health will be developed in collaboration with the patient.
- Pre-conception / Pregnancy / Postpartum Initial Evaluations - 75 minutes
- The women’s mental health assessment is a comprehensive appointment to gather your psychiatric and medical history, as well as holistic aspects of your health. Lab testing, medication and supplement review will be completed. The second half of this appointment will focus on patient education regarding the scientific literature on medications/therapies used during pregnancy or lactation and developing a personalized treatment plan in collaboration with the patient.
- Therapy - 45 minutes
- Dr. Hostetter conducts psychotherapy with an eclectic approach. Her training is in supportive, interpersonal therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and psychodynamic therapy techniques.
- Follow-up Medication Management and Psychotherapy- 30 minutes
- If treatment with medication is initiated, follow-up medication management appointments include close monitoring of medication efficacy and side-effects. Often regular bloodwork will need to be monitored as well.
Dr. Hostetter is an “out of network” provider with all insurance companies. You will be provided with a bill that you can submit to your insurance company if you wish to be reimbursed. You may contact your insurance company to inquire about out-of-network mental health benefits. Many insurance companies reimburse a percentage of the visit.
Dr. Hostetter does not accept Medicare or Medicaid. Medicare eligible patients who wish to see Dr. Hostetter can not request reimbursement from Medicare or their supplemental insurance. Medicare requires that patients who see Dr. Hostetter sign an private contract stating they understand and agree to this.
Payment in full is required for services at the time of appointment. Cash, credit cards, debit cards, Health Savings Account (HSA) cards, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards are all accepted. Checks are not accepted.
In the event that you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you kindly give at least one business day advance notice. If such notice is not received, you will be financially responsible for the time that was reserved just for you. Please note that insurance companies do not reimburse for missed sessions.